A1 Jobs are seeking a French Canadian localisation Quality Assurance tester for a client in Glasgow.
Due to the current circumstances all working will be home based.
Localisation Quality Assurance involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the World.
As one of the French Canadian Localisation QA you will be the very first person to see the localised game in its entirety – translated text, images and the rest of the user interface all together. You’ll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
Candidates with previous French Canadian translation, proofreading, copy writing or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would be ideal for this position.
What you will be doing:
– Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other French language errors
– Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to
– Writing reports of errors/bugs found and providing suggestions for improvements
– Accuracy of translation within context
– Consistency of terminology and imagery
– Hunting for missing / wrong content
– Performing ad hoc translation
What we are looking for:
– Native level fluency in French Canadian, particularly reading & writing, and a good level of English
– Strong understanding of the Canadian culture
– Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – particularly Microsoft Excel
– A willingness to do repetitive tasks and adapt to ever-changing technology
– An ability to work either alone or in a team and with other colleagues, sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines
– A passion for video games would be a bonus
Please apply with your latest CV confirming your availability also.
Tagged as: IT & Telecoms